The Disciplinary of Healthy and Genuine Foods
The project More than Bio - CSG was founded by the non-profit association Cibi Sani e Genuini and by Spesa della Nonna srls, with the aim ofhelp and enhance virtuous producers - farmers, breeders, small family-run farms, farms attentive to animal health and the social impact of their products- than keepingsustainable production models and to protect biodiversity are the key to guaranteeing the safety of a healthy diet and far from the logic of the market, in which the economic aspect prevails more than nutrition and human health.
To achieve this goal, the e-commerce platform with a non-profit nature was createdwww.cibisaniegenuini.com and the first store was opened in Rome in via Catania 39 (Piazzale delle Provincie area - Piazza Bologna)
The choice of products takes place through a rigid disciplinary through which the criteria are verified that aim to identify only natural and genuine foods, made with artisanal techniques, without the use of pesticides, chemical additives and other industrially refined "ingredients".
In particular, farms are taken into consideration:
- who have obtained organic and / or biodynamic certification or who, despite having chosen not to be certified, do not use pesticides, herbicides and chemical fertilizers.
- who practice crop rotation or other cultivation techniques aimed at improving the organic quality of the soil.
- attentive to the supply chain, i.e. that they produce directly or that they know exactly the origin of all the raw materials used in production
- which produce cereals with ancient grainsi”
- which produce legumes, vegetables and fruit by enhancing the indigenous varieties
- which produce indigenous natural wines, without added sulphites
- who raise free grazing animals (farms in the wild and semi-wild) fed with natural food and in full respect of their health
- Dry baked pastries (biscuits, ribs, taralli ... )
Flour is the main ingredient for this type of food, and for this reason companies are considered that produce and use certified Italian wheat from which they obtain the flour for their products.Furthermore, the quality of the raw materials must be guaranteed, for example the eggs must come from chicken farms with the characteristics provided for in this specification.
- Dairy products (Cheese, ricotta, mozzarella ...)
The main ingredient is milk.Virtuous producers raise the cattle from which they derive milk to produce cheeses and dairy products in general.In this way, they themselves can ensure mainly grass feeding and outdoor life for the animal.This type of production has a much lower milk yield than farmsindustrial, in favor of a very high quality of the final product.
- Fresh and sausage meats
For fresh beef, those from organic farming are considered, with a type of farming in the wild or semi-wild, free to graze, and with natural food (e.g. 80% grass, 20% minerals, soybeans and corn grown from the same company).).
For pork, in particular, in the wild or semi-wild farms with natural feeding (eg Acorns) and with the integration of mineral salts.Specifically for cured meats (sausages), starting from pig in a semi-wild state, only artisanal productions are taken into consideration without the use of added preservatives.
The meat can be preserved thanks to the salt and the skilful blend of natural spices.
- ForVegetables (fruit and vegetables) in the first place those coming from agriculture with biodynamic, biomagnetic and biological certification are identified and in all cases that do not use phytosanitary products that influence the vital processes of the plant (eg Growth).In particular, artisan companies are taken into consideration for the tradition and genuineness of their productions.
- Jams and marmalade
Only jams and marmalade without additives (gelling agents, pectins, etc.) and added sugars (glucose syrup, dextrose, sweeteners, etc.) are considered.Production using traditional techniques must provide for the use of a quantity of fruit greater than 100 mg per 100 mg of product for jams.
- Spreadable cream with chocolate, hazelnut, pistachio
They must be made with extra virgin olive oil (not industrially processed vegetable fats and oils). The quantity of hazelnuts or pistachios must be at least 50% of the total; in chocolate creams must not be present among the ingredients, not even chemical thickeners.
- Chicken, eggs, hen
Only non-intensive farms are examined, outdoors - not in cages - free to move.The diet must be natural, that is, animal or GMO feeds or treated with harmful chemicals must not be used as required by law.Farms that use antibiotics and hormones to speed up and increase the weight of the animal are not considered.In particular, chicken producers must have purchased the chick at 2 or 10 days after birth, in this way they will be able to guarantee the animal's healthy nutrition and outdoor rearing.
Slaughtering must not take place before the animal is 4 months old, thus ensuring slow growth and respect for the life cycle of the animal itself.
- Wines and sparkling wines
Only indigenous and non-intensive vines are taken into consideration,organic and with non-industrial artisanal production, with hand-picked grapes and withcertification of origin of the territory. Companies must use a very low content of sulphites in the ratio of 0.9% compared to those required by law on the subject.The total lack of sulphites is a preferential criterion.
- Homemade beers
To define a craft beer of quality it is important to consider some factors: - it must not have preservatives; - the raw materials must be of excellent quality and 100% organic; - it must not be pasteurized; - normally it should not be filtered; - must be produced in limited quantities.a.
Of course, to date, there is no clear regulation or disciplinary to follow, as is the case for other products such as wine and prosecco, so every master brewer uses the ingredients that are offered to him from his own land, which are, then, those that they will characterize the product and give added value to the beer, starting with the quality of the water. To be present on our platform, all the ingredients used for the production must be traceable in order to have the guarantee that the malts and barley used do not come from industrial production.